Our team is here for you every day. We are happy to provide you with medical care.
Dr. med., Dr. sc. nat. Andrea Albinger
Medical office owner
Specialist for Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases
Medical Expert for Hearing Aid ExpertiseIV/AHV/UV
FA Sonography Head and Neck Organs SGUM
Languages: German, English, Slovak, Czech, Russian (passive)
|Since 03/2021||Medical office HNO Glattbrugg|
|02/2021||Medical office acquisition from Dr. med. Gertrud Walliser|
|01/2008 – 03/2021||ENT Specialist, Medical office Dr. Robert Meier, Brugg|
|2010 – 2018||Medical office co-owner HNO Zürich Fraumünster, Zürich|
|2008 – 2009||Senior Physician/ Deputy Senior Physician Clinic for ENT, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich|
|2006 – 2007||Resident Clinic for ENT, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich|
|2005 – 2006||Resident ENT Department of the Surgical Clinic Stadtspital Triemli, Zurich|
|2004 – 2005||Resident Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Zurich|
|2003 – 2004||Resident Clinic for ENT, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich|
|2000 – 2003||Resident ENT University Clinic, Freiburg in Breisgau, DE|
|1999 – 2000||Postdoc Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Zurich|
Professional degree University of Zurich
Dr. med. (Doctor medicinae)
High frequency of t(14;18)-translocation breakpoints outside of major breakpoint and minor cluster regions in follicular lymphomas. Improved polymerase chain reaction protocols for their detection.
Lead: PD Dr. sc. nat. D. Zimmermann
Tutor: Prof. Dr. med. Ph. U. Heitz
Departement of Pathology, University Hospital of Zurich
Awarded the scientific prize of the University of Zurich for the year 2003
Professional degree Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences of the University of Zurich
Dr. sc. nat. (Doctor scientiae naturalis)
Transcriptional Regulation of the Serum Responsive T1 Gene in Normal and Ha-ras Transformed Murine Fibroblasts.
Lead: Prof. R. Klemenz, Abteilung für Krebsforschung, Departement of Pathology, University Hospital of Zurich
Tutor: Prof. M. A. Billeter, Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Zurich
|10/1993 – 03/1999||MD-PhD – Program for physicians at the University of Zurich|
Profesional degree Faculty of Medicine of Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia
MUDr. (Medicinae Universae Doctorem)
Medical master degree (summa cum laude) Faculty of Medicine of Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Swiss Society of Otorhinolaryngology,Head and Neck Surgery
- Swiss Association for medical Ultrasound (SGUM)
- Association of Zurich Doctors for Otorhinolaryngology, Ear, Throat and Facial Surgery
- Zurich Medical Association AGZ
- Swiss Medical Association FMH
- Lefort K, Brooks Y, Ostano P, Cario-André M, Calpini V, Guinea-Viniegra J, Albinger- Hegyi A, Hoetzenecker W, Kolfschoten I, Wagner EF, Werner S, Dotto GP.
A miR-34a-SIRT6 axis in the squamous cell differentiation network.
EMBO J. 2013 Aug 14;32(16):2248-63.
- Huber GF, Albinger-Hegyi A, Soltermann A, Roessle M, Graf N, Haerle SK, Holzmann D, Moch H, Hegyi I.
Expression patterns of Bmi-1 and p16 significantly correlate with overall, diseasespecific, and recurrence-free survival in oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma.
Cancer. 2011 Oct 15;117(20):4659-70.
- Albinger-Hegyi A, Stoeckli SJ, Schmid S, Storz M, Iotzova G, Probst-Hensch NM, Rehrauer H, Tinguely M, Moch H, Hegyi I.
Lysyl oxidase expression is an independent marker of prognosis and a predictor of lymph node metastasis in oral and oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC).
Int J Cancer. 2010 Jun 1;126(11):2653-62.
- Cueni LN, Hegyi I, Shin JW, Albinger-Hegyi A, Gruber S, Kunstfeld R, Moch H, Detmar M.
Tumor lymphangiogenesis and metastasis to lymph nodes induced by cancer cell expression of podoplanin.
Am J Pathol. 2010 Aug;177(2):1004-16.
- Albinger-Hegyi A, Hegyi I, Nagy I, Bodmer M, Schmid S, Bodmer D.
Alteration of activator protein 1 DNA binding activity in gentamicin-induced hair cell degeneration.
Neuroscience. 2006 Feb;137(3):971-80.
- Nagy I, Monge A, Albinger-Hegyi A, Schmid S, Bodmer D.
NF-kappaB is required for survival of immature auditory hair cells in vitro.
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2005 Sep;6(3):260-8.
- Albinger-Hegyi A, Hochreutener B, Abdou MT, Hegyi I, Dours-Zimmermann MT, Kurrer MO, Heitz PU, Zimmermann DR.
High frequency of t(14;18)-translocation breakpoints outside of major breakpoint and minor cluster regions in follicular lymphomas: improved polymerase chain reaction protocols for their detection.
Am J Pathol. 2002 Mar;160(3):823-32.
- Kessler R, Zacharova-Albinger A, Laursen NB, Kalousek M, Klemenz R.
Attenuated expression of the serum responsive T1 gene in ras transformed fibroblasts due to the inhibition of c-fos gene activity.
Oncogene. 1999 Mar 4;18(9):1733-44.
Mrs. Maria Concetta Rocca
Languages: German, Italian, French
Mrs. Bollinger Ann-Kristin
Languages: Deutsch, Englisch, Swedish and French
My goal is to provide you the best possible medical treatment. I offer a comprehensive range of medical evaluation and conservative treatment of ear, nose and throat diseases in children and adults. Based on the latest scientific knowledge and with the support of the latest technology, I treat the following diseases:
- Hearing impairment, one-sided / both-sided
- Hearing testing and hearing aid expertise (AHV, IV, MV, UV)
- Tinnitus acute and chronic
- Ear infections, acute and chronic (ear discharge, ear pain)
- Diseases of the auricle and ear canal
- Eardrum injury
- Injuries to the auricle
- Dizziness and Balance disorders
- Assessment, biopsy, and follow-up for tumors
- Nasal bone fracture
- Nasal obstruction or chronic nasal discharge
- Nasal polyps
- Olfactory disorders
- Sinus infections, acute and chronic
- Assessment, biopsy, and follow-up for tumors
- Sore throat
- Cough, acute and chronic
- Hoarseness, voice disorders
- Difficulty swallowing
- Clearing the throat
- Diseases of the larynx
- Swelling of the neck
- Cervical lymph node enlargements
- Neck cysts and fistulas
- Thyroid disease
- Facial nerve paralysis
- Facial pain, acute and chronic
- Assessment, biopsy and follow-up care for tumors of the head and neck region
- Inflammation of the tonsils and nasopharynx, acute and chronic
- Diseases of the tongue, floor of the mouth and palate
- Salivary gland diseases, salivary stones
- Changes in the mucous membrane in the mouth and throat
- Inflammation and enlargement of the tonsils
- Snoring, sleep-related breathing disorders
- Recurring otitis media, ear effusions
- Assessment of hearing
- Ultrasound examinations of the head and neck region
- Medical diving certificate
- Cancer prevention and aftercare for head and neck tumors
- Allergic diseases of the upper respiratory tract
The medical practice for throat, nose and ear diseases was founded in 1993 by my predecessor, Dr. med. Gertrud Walliser. Since March 2021 I lead this well-established, broadly networked and centrally located practice in the medical centre with great motivation and engagement.
Through my many years of experience at the University Hospital Zurich, as well in private practices, I offer you a comprehensive range of investigations and non-surgical treatment of all diseases of the throat, nose and ear in children, adults and seniors. If surgical therapy will be needed, I will discuss the necessary procedure with you and we will select the desired surgeon and hospital together. I am also a recognised specialist in hearing aid expertise. In addition, I own the SGUM sonography certificate for the sonographic examination of the head and neck region and carry out the appropriate examinations.
The practice infrastructure and instruments are continuously maintained and renewed. I run a practice pharmacy regulated according to the applicable quality assurance system and can supply you with the necessary medication during the consultation. The practice consistently adheres to the hygiene and COVID protection concept on the authority of BAG. Your medical history will be kept electronically in accordance with applicable safety standards.
The medical practice HNO Glattbrugg is located at Schaffhauserstrasse 83, within walking distance of the Opfikon SBB station, as well as from Glattbrugg SBB station. A small number of parking slots are available.
The entire practice is wheelchair accessible and directly accessible from Schaffhauserstrasse by lift. I offer my consultation in German, English, Slovak, Czech and Russian (passive).
I am pleased to welcome you for medical examination or treatment.
For emergencies and urgent appointments on the same day, please contact us by phone.
Dr. med. Andrea Albinger
Tel: +41 44 811 30 10
Fax: +41 44 811 30 11
The medical practice HNO Glattbrugg is located at Schaffhauserstrasse 83, within walking distance of the Opfikon SBB station, as well as from Glattbrugg SBB station. A small number of parking spaces are available. From the bus stop "Glattbrugg Post" you can reach the practice in a few minutes walk.